Re: [IRCA] high school sports skeds/should they be on the list?

Re: [IRCA] high school sports skeds/should they be on the list?

Since I opened this can of worms, may I have one more cent's worth?

I never intended to imply that the sports schedule postings weren't
DX-worthy information, and if that was the message I conveyed, it was
unintentional. I certainly appreciate the very hard work that goes into
putting them together, and the value that they have to the DX community.

My only thought was that the way they're currently distributed - as a
series of random e-mails - might not be the best way to share this
information with the DX community. Once I've hit "delete" on one of these
e-mails - as I've been doing a lot while traveling (I'm on a crappy
dial-up connection in Boston tonight, much to my dismay) - that
information is gone. And even if I save it on my e-mail software at home,
it's still not accessible to me when traveling, nor is it very easily
searchable if I do happen to be trying to solve a pesky ID.

I love the idea (I think it was Craig Healy's) of consolidating all this
information on a web page somewhere, permanent and accessible by all at
any time and from any place, and easily searchable to boot. If this
information is indeed that valuable (and I've been persuaded that it is),
it deserves better than to end up buried in thousands of e-mails in my
in-box, doesn't it?

Just my thoughts...