Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

Patrick -

There are a lot of DX'ers that have received DRM SW broadcasts from other
continents, yielding a nice-sounding signal. IBOC is a close cousin of DRM,
so I expect IBOC DXing will be quite possible.

When WLW and WOR did their nighttime IBOC tests, there was reception of
nighttime IBOC over hundreds of miles. And of course the extensive studies
available on the NAB site show significant IBOC coverage somewhat slanted to
make IBOC look good, but nonetheless still covering a lot of territory with
respect to analog.

Craig's IBOC reception sure is poor. I really don't know how much of that is
attributable to the radio, his local environment, the stations's IBOC
implementation, or the base characteristics of IBOC. It's really too soon to
tell.

Chuck