Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

Chuck,

All you have to do is to look at the IBOC signals out there now. Several
DXers that have bought IBOC radios cannot receive the station more than
a few miles away in IBOC. No one has heard the signal at any distance to
speak of that I have read. These stations can run up to 1/10th of their
analog power. OK, if a 50 KWer is running 5 KW IBOC, or even 4 KW, then
they should beable to be heard 100 miles in IBOC as they can in analog.
Or even 50 miles. Many reports I have read state, the station can not be
received 15 20 miles away in IBOC. I have not seen one report that
anyone has received KSL in IBOC hundreds of miles away. Or KOA for that
matter. There has been discussions on DXing IBOC and everyone report I
have seen states, it hasn't been done as yet.
Chuck, is there just one report that an IBOC station (I don't mean the
ID mode), has been received well hundreds of miles away?

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.