[IRCA] Success with KIGO 1420

At 0204 ELT this morning, 4/4/06, on 1420 kHz, I heard
a male voice say: "kah-ee-jay-who", confirming to me
that it really is KIGO.  I think I had heard it
before, too, but didn't recognize the letters.  It
also sounded like he said Radio (?) but I couldn't
make that out.

Thanks to Doug, Pat, and Nigel for helping me with
this one.  It dominates 1420 here in Spokane at night
which makes me suspect they're running day power.  I
thought I read somewhere that they're only supposed to
be 51 watts at night.

I wonder what's happened to KUJ?  They used to be
dominant here but if they were there last night they
were very weak.  It may have been weak propagation
from the south, though.  I'll keep checking.

Stan Weisbeck
Spokane, WA