Re: [IRCA] KCKN-1020 New Mexico test heard in Massachusetts --> Winradio G313

Re: [IRCA] KCKN-1020 New Mexico test heard in Massachusetts --> Winradio G313

Being a "software defined" radio, I suppose it only works on one
particular type of computer running one particular operating system.
This would be the biggest drawback, if you ask me.

I'd like to see a "firmware defined" radio, that has a reloadable FPGA
doing the dirty work. Some of the XIlinx FPGAs even have embedded
PowerPC processors, so the radio could still be "software" defined in
that sense, but be independent of the control platform.