Re: [IRCA] Mystery station on 1030 KHz

Barry McLarnon wrote:

"Strike 3!  Any other ideas on this mystery station?  If they reappear
tonight, hopefully we'll have a few more folks tuning in to try and pin
down the location..."

"Could still be one of the three, with an automation system that stayed plugged in to the net feed instead of the audio it was supposed to run .. We've read on the DX lists of countless occasions where this has happened at various stations."

I don't know how many times in the '80s and perhaps beyond when we listened for Jim Bohannon on WMIX-940, where I worked until late 1981, and got the old Mutual network commercial and news insert feeds instead.
It's a common thing at uncaring and unattended local stations.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon