Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Rick,
Thanks for the tips. This is good info.  Your right about getting a deep
cycle battery- makes all sense.  I really haven't done any of the electrical
math yet on what kind of power /amp/ draw requirements my receiver / loop is
going to need. I don't intend to power up anything else.  Getting a couple
of all night sessions out of one charge would be quite nice.

I could see that running a DC set-up in a remote location would help one to
quickly develop an efficient arrangement.

One other advantage of being away from the house, is my oldest son won't be
able to surprise me by turning on the microwave right at the ToH (any hour),
hi.- he has such great timing... it's incredible or should I say the noise
is incredible!
73- Doug