Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] WTOP / WTWP call change

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] WTOP / WTWP call change

We'll probably list it on 100kw as news/talk. It's supposed to be
longer-form programming than WTOP's headline news on 103.5/820, sort
of a commercial competitor to NPR, which gets huge numbers in Washington.

1500/107.7 is also the front-runner for Washington Senators baseball
for 2006 (it had been on sister stations WFED 1050 and WWZZ
104.1/WWVZ 103.9 in 2005), so Sens fans - if there really are such
things - will be able to hear the games across much of the east coast
next season, which may be more than we poor Red Sox fans get. (The
team hasn't yet renewed its deal with WTIC, and its flagship, WEEI
850, doesn't go west.)