Re: [IRCA] WTOP WTWP call change

> I'm wondering- with the call and format changes  and the migration of WTOP
to FM, would you guys count WTWP as a "new  station" in your logs or not?

Not me.  Being from the technical side of things, I would count a station as
new only if there was a substantial change in the transmitting facilities.
Even then, most changes would make a station easier to hear.  One exception
is the older shared time stations.  I have a card from WFAA-820 from back
when they shared with WBAP.  If I ever get around to digging out WBAP, a
card from them would count (to me) as a separate station.  With the local
550 station, there would be at least a half dozen different log entries, yet
the transmitting plant is the same as in 1960.  One station, many voices on
it.

To me a call letter change isn't any real difference than a format change.
In turn, that isn't all that much different than a different song. <grin>

YMMV

Craig Healy
Providence, RI