[IRCA] WVNN 770khz DX Test

Recorded my usual top of the hour recordings last night using Total Recorder.
My normal procedure is to start recording 2 min prior to TOH (00:58) and run
it for two minutes after. A total of four minutes for each hour.

In every recording between Midnight and 6AM local, I was able to hear the
WVNN "Inventory Insert" test. Be advised that the actual time "floats"
due to programming, but always fell within this window.

The station is also running the test at the bottom of the hour (00:30) though
again it floats a bit. I've also heard it several times during local breaks
throughout the hour.

250 Watts with a directional pattern is a tough target, especially with
WABC being so dominant, but I'm surprised more folks haven't logged
this one.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people were discouraged when
there was a negative report from a DX'er only 40 miles away...but
keep in mind that DX'er lies right in the null of the pattern.

The test runs again tonight and Friday. I'm sure we'll all have
better luck with WUMP 730 next week, but I'd love to see
some more folks catch WVNN on this test.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867