Re: [IRCA] 990

>In all probability it was WNTP.  They have been good here much of the time.
>Montreal is essentially absent.  Almost never a peep out of them.  WLGZ is
>the pest on the frequency here.

Montreal has, I think, been behaving itself much better the last few
years than in years past.

In the late nineties, Rochester's 990 used to sign off overnight
(this was in the WDCZ era), and Montreal would be a regular here.
Now, even with a decent null on WLGZ (not hard to do; I'm pretty far
south of their main lobe), Montreal is hard to hear. Winnipeg usually
dominates 990 here when I get my local out of the way. I don't
remember that being the case when I was growing up.

And 990's not the only Montreal signal that's more challenging here
than it used to be. When 690 was still CBF and using the mighty
half-wave tower at Brossard, it was a fairly easy daytime catch here.
As CINW, operating from the much shorter towers at Kahnawake (the old
CIQC 600 site), it's nonexistent by day and nowhere near as imposing
at night as it used to be.