Re: [IRCA] Quantum Phaser...

Lee,

I suppose it depends on what you mean by maximum performance.

I have two active verticals with somewhat different gains on MW.  I set at
max the Quantum phaser "A" gain for the lower gain antenna, and tweak the
"B" gain on the other while adjusting the phasing control to obtain optimal
null of a interfering signal, to "turn" my antennas toward the target, or
to phase out local noise.

It's true I don't get maximum gain from the higher gain vertical, but
that's rarely needed, the phasing is what's important.

If the disparity in gain were significant, to match signals for nulling
would mean a loss of the higher gain antenna, just as you suspect.  If
using the phaser to peak a signal or to phase local noise, the difference
would be less significant.

The most important thing is to get one of these little beauties, which I'm
sure you'll soon agree.  After that things just get better.

Curt

[snip]