[IRCA] Quantum Phaser...

...well, it finally arrived. Put a sensible power connector on it (5.5x2.1mm
coaxial - Lord knows 2.1mm tip and ring ain't the commonest in junk boxes) and
powered up.

Very interesting device indeed. Tweaking it is as much art as science, I think.
I've already figured that for maximum random longwire performance the two
antennas need to be approximately equal(ish) in gain. (Unless I'm mistaken, in
which case enlightenment is appreciated.)

I'm able to knock out stations up to about the S9+10 level or thereabouts.
Depends on the signal and how it's arriving, I guess. Haven't had much time to
play thus far because I'm working a regular schedule even over the holidays,
but I *have* seen the dominant station on a few channels vanish and leave a
weaker station in place underneath it.

Gerry gives great Phase! I'm waiting for my weekend so I can play with it a bit
more seriously.

                    Lee