Re: [IRCA] Quantum Phaser...

--- "W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lee,
>
> I suppose it depends on what you mean by maximum performance.
>
> I have two active verticals with somewhat different gains on MW.  I
> set at
> max the Quantum phaser "A" gain for the lower gain antenna, and tweak
> the
> "B" gain on the other while adjusting the phasing control to obtain
> optimal
> null of a interfering signal, to "turn" my antennas toward the
> target, or
> to phase out local noise.

*** What Curt says above is key. It's not that the antennas themselves
need to be of equal gain because they do not. But in order to obtain
maximum benefit from the phasing operation, you want to adjust the
phaser so that the two appear roughly equal. This optimizes the phase
cancellation you're seeking to remove an unwanted signal.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID