Re: [IRCA] 1180 SS ?

Doug,

I don't recall if you said you had checked 5025 kHz to see if what you're hearing is // R.Rebelde there.  That might prove it, or not, but it is something else to try.  Easiest to do with two receivers but one with dual VFOs or setting two memory positions are all ways to quickly switch back and forth to try for a comparison.  Of course this is assuming you get 5025 well enough to be of use.  From here the challenge is *not* hearing Cubans.

Curt
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) FL

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM wrote:
Curt and Russ,
Thanks for the tips on this.  I'm actually enjoying the chase here and I just hope the station and conditions don't give up before I do. My reception has been like patchwork- sometimes not so bad, it's just that nothing of revelance is said at the time.  Of course, I also understand that the announcers (both male and/or female) and the nature of any programming can throw off anyone who only has a few pieces of the puzzle. ie. perhaps they we're talking about R. Progreso or Cuba was in the news. etc.  I haven't heard any echo or delay.  In the last two morning's (about 10 hrs. on 1180)  I've heard Cuba mentioned twice, Guantanamo, Habana, R. Progreso, Cadena-something, Nacional-something, a rooster crow (hi) and at 1055 UTC yesterday I heard maybe 7-8 seconds of a trumpet(s) and what sounded like a very short anthem. I don't know if the time mentioned is revelant. Maybe I'm hearing a mix of stations.  Anyways, I must listen more.  The great thing about DX- All it takes is a few transmitted words to deny or confirm all my great hypothese's about the station I think I'm hearing. <big laugh>
73- Doug