Re: [IRCA] Missing DX Test QSLs

Hi All,

I have been reading all the emails regarding QSLing stations on DX Tests and I have to admit I have had no luck either.

When I was living back home in Australia, I chased qsl's on everything I heard. The response was pretty poor. Back in the 70-80's QSLing Australian station the response was something like 65-70% return. I would chase the North American stations from Australia and managed to hear some 200 stations.

When I moved over here in 2001, I began QSL chasing again from here in Texas. The response rate was very dissapointing, so I have not bothered chasing QSL's again.
Instead I now record ID's of any new stations I hear on tape or mp3's and I class that as verification of any new stations I hear.

This is my view on the subject.

Thanks

George Sherman <georgesmn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
KRND Fox Farms WY is on 1629.9, they probably wouldn't confirm that frequency & this is a good example of what happens when no CE is required, besides the lack of verifications. George S., MN

Gerry Bishop <gerryb4991@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike?s post on the inventory insert test included reference to the missing QSLs from DX tests.  This is the principle reason I don?t send many reception reports any more, as even the virtually guaranteed verifications are not forthcoming many times.  Rather than spend time with a report, with or without a recording, I?ll just drop and email or postal card saying thanks for the test, and move along myself.  I have! no interest pursuing a station?s QSL if the person who promised the QSL cannot fulfill the promise, or is unwilling to do so after the fact.  Several DX tests over the last year have been met with complete silence on the verification request.
I do send reports for unusual receptions, and you can bet that if Fox Farms, WY, ever goes into the log here that station will get a nice letter.  If they choose to QSL, it will be most welcome, nearly as much as hearing the station will be.  But for the most part, I?m quite satisfied to have heard a station, and let it go at that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Gerry Bishop
Niceville, FL

James Niven