Re: [IRCA] CBC ID's

Bruce:

> If you want a local ID on a CBC station try just after the CBC news.
> I've heard local IDs and weather on CFWH-570 at about 4 minutes past the
> hour. I haven't personally checked other CBC stations, such as CFPR, but
> that would probably be the only time at night when these stations aren't
> // the rest of the network.

Thanks for the info though there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as
to when, or even if, CBC stations ID. I have never heard a full ID from
CFPR, though I've heard the station many times. 740-CBX-Edmonton does give
out a full ID, but only occasionally, and it's been a while since I last
heard it. Most CBC repeaters are fully automated with no local facilities so
no ID would be heard other than for the main station. On my timer sessions I
only record from 2 minutes before the TOH to 3 minutes after, so any ID
outside of this would be missed.

Mike in St Isidore AB