Re: [IRCA] Alaska again

Nigel:

After reading your report about hearing KJNP from Don's place in Lamont, I
decided to set up my timer/radio combo on 1170 last night. At 03:00EST I
heard a faint KJNP ID. At 10:00 I heard another KJNP ID. At 11:00 I heard
the full and complete ID giving KJNP AM & FM North Pole and KJAK Houston.
First Alaskan station logged here since hearing 800-KINY-Juneau back in
February of '04. Thanks Nige.

At 06:00 and again at 09:00 I heard the CBC news. My NRC Logbook (23rd.
edition) lists two 40W CBC stations on 1170. One in Port Alice BC, located
at the north end of Vancouver Island which relays CBU-690 and CBRH New
Hazelton which relays CFPR-860. My money would go on CBRH as there was local
news before the TOH and the main news. Of course, as there is with most CBC
stations, no ID at TOH.

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 120 & 100',
longwires of 750 and 300' and a 30' vertical.