[IRCA] Tolerance.

Unfortunately, every time there is a discussion of IBOC, there are
inevitably some few who begin complaining and threatening to quit.
Another small group cluck, clucks and says the topic must be declared
off limits, those who discuss it banned, or create a new list just for
this topic.  Both rather childish attitudes if you ask me.

This latest exchange took place under two or three subject lines.  It
doesn't require any great intellect to realize if one is not interested,
when one of those topics appears, delete it.  I do it all the time when
a thread of no interest to me gets rolling.  I would never consider
demanding the topic be banned just because I don't care about it.

I think IBOC is a very relevant topic for this list.  There are issues
of DXing opportunities and impediments.  There are technical issues also
related to DXing.  There are facts and figures about stations using
IBOC, that some list members have every right to discuss.  Some of the
discussions of demographics and preference polls leave me cold, but
those too are of interest to others and appropriate to the list as it
serves all its members.

If there is unpleasantness, that is not the fault of the topic but of
individuals.  That should be dealt with privately, not with a global
denial of an entire subject of discussion.

Everyone just needs to relax.  No one needs to quit.  Nothing needs to
be banned or moved.

Everyone should show some tolerance and accept that different people
have differing interests.

Curt

--

W. Curt Deegan