Re: [IRCA] IBOC/analog reception comparisons.

--- Chris Black <n1cp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But we sure don't deserve IBOC.

We deserve something better. It's not very robust, and
the data rate is too low by a significant factor. If
we are going to do digital, we need to do it right.  A
lot of people will lose radio service period. I expect
if you drive I-40 coast to coast in an all IBOC world,
more than half your trip will be greeted by silence
unless you are right in the city limits.

I *HAVE* hundreds of CD's....I have hundreds of LP's.
IN FACT I have enough CD's to run at least 3 different
radio formats.

> I'll probably get sent to the principal's office
> again and be forced to listen to a full season of
> Tony Danza re-runs, and I will probably say good bye
> to the IRCA also, but for the reason that I am not
> into being treated like a four year old.

Be careful. You might get paddled.   ]:)

Or we could make you watch Barney re-runs.

>I will be
> looking for a club (if there is one) with a little
> wider focus and breadth, not a politically correct
> sewing circle. I think someone like Paul is a breath
> of fresh air. And if the IBOC hacks on the list
> don't like it then that's tough. If someone wants to
> call me a putz on or off a list, I am perfectly
> capable of dealing with it myself. I don't need to
> whine to anybody that my feelings are hurt.  Good
> grief, Charlie Brown.
>
> Semper Fi
>
> Chris Black
> Cape Cod

That's true. I get very tired of the <POUT!> I'm
taking my toys home! attitude.

And I don't HAVE to be on any list (s) to enjoy my
radios. And if they are not useable anymore I can
always play with Wolves.

I also go up to Full Moon Farm near Black Mountain.

It's a Wolfdog and Wolf rescue. The animals there
don't complain about DX'ing and IBOC. I take up
supplies and give treats to all the animals.

 I have actually DX'ed from there....in the pen with
Cheyenne and Delaware. My picture doing that is on the
Rogues Gallery at

http://www.americanbroadcastdx.com

Delaware is the big boy to my right. He did not care
for the music selection on STANDARDS WTZQ 1600
Hendersonville. Cheyenne did, or maybe she wanted to
eat the radio....
I was up there early this month and groomed Cheyenne.
Delaware didn't need any. But Delaware was a pest. He
kept licking me.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!