From: Stan Horzepa <stanzepa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Feb 9, 2018 2:32 pm
Subject: [IRCA] 1710 mystery station

We lost power here for about 30 minutes this afternoon, so what did I
do? Chop wood for the fireplace? No, I got on the radio!

Logged six new navigational beacons on LW and then I moved over to the
AM band and heard a mystery station on 1710. All I heard was Spanish
music - no voice - so no station identification. Station was stronger on
my vertical antenna as compared to my 80-meter inverted Vee. At times,
the Hudson County (NJ) TIS competed with the Spanish music station on
both antennas. And as soon as power was restored, the station
disappeared into the noise.

I have heard this station occasionally at dusk, but have had no luck
identifying it.

Anyone have a clue?

73,

Stan, WA1LOU