[IRCA] Knock-your-socks-off UK stations + others (20 JAN, 2200 UTC)

--- Begin Message ---
TA's were booming in here on Cape Cod last night.

The three strongest British stations were so loud that I thought I was in a boat within sight of Beachy Head Light.

All below were recorded within two minutes of 2200 UTC / 5 p.m. EST on Sat., 20 JAN 2018.

1215: Absolute Radio UK (two recordings)
https://app.box.com/s/1cbcqt951r97dsago288gisoq3aj5rde
https://app.box.com/s/h68x0z1fsca3d9pw5xs3bol2iov93qt4

1089: TalkSport UK
https://app.box.com/s/194j09dsc2yvjzo4m0wpa1hx2u051nw5

909: BBC Five Live
https://app.box.com/s/b06v5xug4or51i7i1abe8artm2jwxw2g

Not as strong as the "big three" above, but a decent signal here on 810 from BBC Radio Scotland.  Considering all the other stations possible on 810, this is remarkably alone / in the clear.
https://app.box.com/s/gl97d28gzd0tbaacg7095v6dy6ktolg0

Other UK's in on 693, 882, 1458 et al. though not as worthy of recording.

---
others ...
1008: Netherlands, way better than normal with very little QRM from co-channel Canaries / Spain and adjacent 1010 WINS.
https://app.box.com/s/15481i8snubbnvrchmktvyn2snxh8ymo

1179: Romania with usual "Radio Romania Actualitati, hora exacta" intro, pips, fanfare music with Morse KS and K.  Splatter is from strong daytimer 1170 WFPB Orleans, MA.
https://app.box.com/s/smxmb8feetc618dfrqftqjb4rfbun5pr

1053.1: Libya, 100 Hz high this time.  Station seems to go to on-frequency one day to 100 Hz high on others.
libya-1053p1_20180120_2200z.mp3    https://app.box.com/s/pagyms54j0asque7334sr22767hmztn4

---

Next four are from Spain.  Many more from there also coming in.

837: COPE
https://app.box.com/s/yzh0ddi4sc8nuafwnju4xrh36ngkqzfz

603: RNE
https://app.box.com/s/sqeho8yp2v9x2k37127hyw9nds2vfrwq

729: RNE
https://app.box.com/s/n60o2x3hupwr7jf8em1u0o9dhhjipjvh

873: SER
https://app.box.com/s/kqepjeva52734eqp6k076pkylo53762n

---

Finally an unID 936 that might have been Iran.  Did not seem // 612 Morocco..
https://app.box.com/s/x82toxciuaw45ubz72stx8p15k3dnsjh

Wondering if Sunday at the same time will be equally interesting.  Scheduler is set up to record while I watch the Pats.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA, USA
(GC= 41.6931 N / 70.1912 W) (= 41Â 41.59' N / 70Â 11.47' W) (grid FN41vq)

Receiver: Microtelecom Perseus
See http://microtelecom.it/perseus/

Antenna: Cardioid-pattern SuperLoop: 9m vert. by 20m horiz. (peak 90 deg., null 270 deg.)
See http://www.bamlog.com/superloop.htm for similar antenna type.

--- End Message ---