[IRCA] new loggings

LW/MW/AM band conditions were very good last night.

On LW, there were a slew of navigational beacons â all Canadian and all already in the log. But I did log a new broadcast station on 234 kHz at 0255 UTC: Broadcasting Center Europe (BCE) inÂBeidweiler, Luxembourg, transmitting 1500 kW about 3,686 miles to the northeast. The audio was weak, but good enough to ID the station.

On MW/AM, I heard plenty, but all already in the log. So I replayed my 0000 UTC top-of-the-hour recording and worked my way up the band recording any station identifications I encountered.

When I got to 760 kHz, there was WJR loud and clear as expected. WJR is the only nighttime station I have in the log for 760. It is so dominant, that I never expect to hear anything else. So I listened for their station ID, which was followed by a pause and during the pause, I heard the station ID for WETR in Knoxville, Tennessee transmitting 2.4 kW 703 miles to the southwest! WETR is a daytime-only station and this logging was almost an hour after Knoxville sunset, but I'm not complaining!

Equipment used was the ELAD FDM-S2/SW2 receiver and an 80-meter inverted Vee antenna.

Stan, WA1LOU
horzepa.com
Wolcott, CT, USA