Re: [IRCA] new loggings

--- Begin Message ---
Interesting how different 760 is here 150 miles east of you Stan.

It's a veritable playpen of Latin American DX with Brazil, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Colombia, and Cuba all making regular appearances.

WJR is often just a bit player in the tangle.

The other 760 domestic I get from time to time at night is WEFL Tequesta, FL.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
When I got to 760 kHz, there was WJR loud and clear as expected. WJR is
the only nighttime station I have in the log for 760. It is so dominant,
that I never expect to hear anything else. So I listened for their
station ID, which was followed by a pause and during the pause, I heard
the station ID for WETR in Knoxville, Tennessee transmitting 2.4 kW 703
miles to the southwest! WETR is a daytime-only station and this logging
was almost an hour after Knoxville sunset, but I'm not complaining!

Equipment used was the ELAD FDM-S2/SW2 receiver and an 80-meter inverted
Vee antenna.

Stan, WA1LOU
horzepa.com
Wolcott, CT, USA