Re: [IRCA] 1053 Jammer - who hears what?

I've uploaded a recording from last February at Grayland Chris: http://www3.telus.net/public/shallpat/listen/1053jammer_20160220.wav

1053 jammer in all its glory with a 5kHz wide filter. There is no sign of any higher pitched components, so it seems that Seoul is our jammer. (and that your recording of Seoul has a touch of Gimpo in it?)

best wishes,

Nick

nhp@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Does your recording of the "beehive" jammer have some of the siren jammer riding along as well, Chris?

What I've heard here is the basic low grumbling sound with no higher frequency components such as on your recording (I don't think high frequency components were heard in PEI either).

Part of that may be due to the DXer's tendency to cut off the received audio above 2800Hz. I think I have some SDR files from earlier in the season that I can play back with the passband opened up a bit more to check.