[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 18-24, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [5 hours ahead of `ELT` during EST; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-05 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page53

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** CANADA. 540, Nov 21 at 1303 UT, CBC news, as CBK Watrous is in, not too commonly, so where is La Ranchera de PaquimÃ? Canadian angle obvious, but checked 990 for // stronger CBW Manitoba, yes. 1313 UT recheck, now CBK is local, YL with Saskatchewan weather, -3 now in Regina and Saskatoon. I used to put non-ITU callsigns like ``CBK`` and ``CBW`` in quotation marks since CB- calls really pertain to Chile (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 2749-USB, Nov 20 at 0245 UT, robot YL with weather in English, S8. Starting at 0240 UT was VCS Halifax via Sambro NS site (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA. 2749-USB & 2598-USB, Nov 24 at 0442 UT & 0443 UT, robot YL with marine weather in French, both S5 equal to noise level. Too weak to tell if they are //, but CCG schedule shows both are VCF, Les Escoumins QC, starting at 0437 UT, via different sites Natashquan on 2598 and La VerniÃre on 2749. No more transmissions on either frequency, from other stations, until 0737 UT. The skeds were compiled before DST was over, so are we sure they stay on same UT yearound? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. Re ``870 UNID -- 10/30 1850 [EDT] â Country gospel music, ID as "Top Ten Radio" (I think), with WWL nulled, but losing out to it by 1852. Prime suspect looks like KPRM-MN, or maybe KAAN-MO? (GH-OK)``

In NRC DX News, David Yocis says: ``WPWT-TN, "Top Gun Radio," a sunset regular here``. That`s a 10 kW daytimer in Colonial Heights, near its address in Bristol, a long way from here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, Nov 18 at 0138 UT, ``UnivisiÃn AmÃrica, 1,200 AM, una estaciÃn Euforia``, atop WOAI even on E/W antenna, fast SAH, as WRTO Chicago is still competing for this ``clear`` channel by illegal daytime operation at night.

Euforia appears to be a subset of UA stations with various musical genres sorted into further subsets at
http://www.univision.com/musica/radio#/tab-city
BUT the ``3`` stations under CHICAGO do not include 1200! Just FM 93.5 & 103.1, 105.1, 106.7 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1200, Nov 22 at 0204 UT, Spanish music from WRTO Chicago at about equal level to silly BKB game in English from WOAI, i.e. situation has become the norm (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1380, Nov 18 at 0141 UT, ``Vida 13-80`` promo as I tune in,  dominating frequency, strongly implying that KRCM Shenandoah TX is still running 22 kW day power instead of 50 watt night power, so should still have a European service (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, Nov 21 at 1318 UT, R. Salam Namaste ID in passing from KBXD Dallas, W & M chattering in Hinglish, i.e. Hindi, with English expressions liberally sprinkled in effortlessly, talking about Bollywood; such as, she says, ``I like belly dancing``. Dominant now with little KQAM (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Nov 19 at 1956 UT on caradio, Spanish ad for Estrella TV Canal 29, which I already matched with KZMP University Park TX. Altho I had IDed this thru my own monitoring research, Wayne Heinen of the NRC AM Log forwards further confirmation of the format flips:

``Glenn, I thought that I had sent this snippet from Radio Insight earlier in the week but found the email stuck in a constipated Outlook outbox: After Deportes Media lost its LMA of Liberman Broadcastingâs 1540 KZMP University Park/Dallas in September, Liberman did bring the network back to the market in mid-October and like iHeart in San Francisco is now operating the network directly. Original Report 11/10: Deportes Media has lost its LMAs of three of the four. Wayne``

Now I`m hearing KZMP less than a sesquihour after local mean noon (always 1832 UT), so a neat reminder that the daytime skywave season is upon us with lowest zenith angles for the next couple months. KZMP is atop some other 1540s (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

1540 KZMP --- Definitely still carrying ESPN-D at least at certain times despite those saying not. Someone -- suspect them -- with Mexi-tunes prior to 1159 GMT today, then accented male canned "KZMP University City" followed by "ESPN (English phonetics) Deportes" into quick summary of "Monday Night Futebol" (Spanglish) then Spanish sports banter by two man (Terry L Krueger, FL, Nov 21, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Nov 20 at 0252 UT tuneby, ``Radio JalapeÃo is giving away Turkeys``, i.e. KEDA San Antonio, easily surpassing KZMP at night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INTERNATIONAL WATERS [?]. 1650, November 11 at 0138 UT, I am finally hearing the ND beacon ``SAC``, barely against Spanish from Denver and other broadcast stuff. I copy the ID at 12 times per minute, or every 5 seconds. Tried passband tuning and narrow bandwidth and notching, but most audible just with normal bandwidth on the NRD-545.

This was first reported by Tim Tromp in Michigan on October 28. Unlisted, led to lots of speculation in a very long thread via DXLD 16-44. SAC is the test ID used by a Beaumont TX company which makes beacons, Southern Avionics Company, but which denied they were transmitting on 1650. I suspect it is one of their beacons which hasn`t been reprogrammed with ID of the new owner, likely from an offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. But the broadcast X-band ought to be off-limits to these. Terry Krueger, Clearwater FL, reported via WORLD OF RADIO 1850 and DXLD:

``Coordinated bearings taken by myself, David Potter and Gerry Bishop -- all from separate locations between coastal central, NW and north central Florida -- would appear to put this north of Pt. St Joe to west of Panama City`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1650, Nov 22 at 0300 UT, TOH ID in Spanish for KBJD Denver, and I thought they said ``Radio Senda`` i.e. path, but primary name has been Radio Luz; maybe Senda is a sub-slogan or a program name, altho not as such on their schedule.

I`m really checking here for the mysterious Gulf of Mexico beacon SAC, which I only heard once, but not lately, nor have seen any other reports of it. Is anyone still hearing it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)