[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, November 18-24, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page53

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire

** MEXICO. 540, Nov 24 at 0513, Mexican PSA, ``ÂLa Ranchera de PaquimÃ!`` canned ID from XETX, Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua. Slogan IDs run every few minutes, great for DXing. So conditions back to ``normal``, this 700-watter(?) dominating instead of CBK. Even with XETX nulled, I`m hearing Top 40ish music, presumably XEWA SLP (which must be distinguished from the other XEWA on 540 in Monterrey with different format) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, Nov 22 at 0316, Spanish music over WSM without even nulling it; 0318 Radio 65 singing ID, i.e. XETNT Los Mochis, Sinaloa (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Nov 21 at 1306, ad mentions El Paso, Zaragoza, so XEROK is in, but touchy to get it past KQCV OKC, nulled as much as possible. Almost sufficient at sunrise, but no borderblaster (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 1020, Nov 22 at 0308, ``RR`` once a minute underneath KOKP Perry OK semi-local sports talk. The RRs fire about a sesquisecond after true minutetops of WWV. Also a het from about 1019.9, but can`t tell if that`s Radio Reloj or elsewhence. WRTH 2016 shows no Cuban clox on 1020, but three other stations, and this isn`t even an overnight filler switch.

Terry Krueger`s Cubalist as of Aug 29, 2016, does not show a current Reloj on 1020, but in 2003-2006, Reloj audio was used as a jammer (against Turks & Caicos?) from Jorobo, Las Tunas. The current Radio Artemisa here might explain it, as Greg Hardison recently heard Reloj overnight on another Artemisa frequency, 770 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Terry L Krueger replies to my log of ``RR`` Reloj sounder on 1020: ``I hear 1020 Reloj regularly overnight. Believe I've heard Artemisa here overnight as well so inconclusive as to source. Daytime -- such as right now at 1530 GMT -- Artemisa strong on 1020, parallel 770. Never a Reloj daytime here but if it's a dedicated Reloj on the eastern half of the island, I'd not hear it from this location. Had the Artemisa overnight Reloj relay around 0840 GMT today on 770. Artemisa at 1126 GMT recheck`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

More from Terry:
1020: Getting Radio Artemisa at GMT 1104+ today, parallel 770, with Reloj in the mix, also WURN, Kendall FL ("Actualidad Radio" news format in Spanish). So, confirms not Artemisa.

Radio Guamà and CMKS also still listed at 1020 per RadioCuba; can't recall my last reception of either here though. Still suspect Reloj is a dedicated transmitter on 1020 from central or eastern Cuba.

Archival logs found are below. Interestingly, no trace of Reloj 1020 during extensive Cuba monitoring from various points in the Florida Keys, 2012:

1020 CUBA Radio Reloj, Jobabo, Las Tunas. 1010 May 27, 2015. This one -- which has been here for a long time -- is certainly dedicated solely to Reloj audio feed and not an overnight feed, as audible well after 6:00 a.m. local time, and certainly from the eastern half of Cuba, as not audible after 1030 GMT from this location. This site was listed in the 2008 WRTVH.

1020 CUBA Radio Reloj, Jobabo, Las Tunas. 1135 December 12, 2010. Mostly poor under Radio GuamÃ, sounders never can catch up with reality: 4 seconds off, 7 for the "RR" sounder. This one is not in your WRTVH-2010, though it was listed a couple of years back I believe.

1020 CUBA Radio Reloj, Jobabo, Las Tunas. 1116 July 8, 2012. Weak and about the last traces post-sunrise with Radio Artemisa dominating daytime.
(Terry L Krueger, Clearwater FL, 1120 UT Nov 23, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1190, Nov 23 at 0112, Spanish M&W Catholic talk dominant from N/S, not // WEWN 5810, about trip to Ciudad de MÃxico, 0117 pause for corte comercial, Mexican promos, on ``Contacto 11-90 de AM``, i.e. XECT, 10000/100 watts, Monterrey NL, way after sundown (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1190.12 approx., het to 1190 stations at 0305 UT November 22, soon fades; ideas? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INTERNATIONAL WATERS. 1650, November 11 at 0138 UT, I am finally
hearing the ND beacon ``SAC``, barely against Spanish from Denver and
other broadcast stuff. I copy the ID at 12 times per minute, or every
5 seconds. Tried passband tuning and narrow bandwidth and notching,
but most audible just with normal bandwidth on the NRD-545.

This was first reported by Tim Tromp in Michigan on October 28.
Unlisted, led to lots of speculation in a very long thread via DXLD
16-44. SAC is the test ID used by a Beaumont TX company which makes
beacons, Southern Avionics Company, but which denied they were
transmitting on 1650. I suspect it is one of their beacons which
hasn`t been reprogrammed with ID of the new owner, likely from an
offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. But the broadcast X-band
ought to be off-limits to these. Terry Krueger, Clearwater FL,
reported via WORLD OF RADIO 1850 and DXLD:

``Coordinated bearings taken by myself, David Potter and Gerry Bishop
-- all from separate locations between coastal central, NW and north
central Florida -- would appear to put this north of Pt. St Joe to
west of Panama City`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1650, Nov 22 at 0300 UT, TOH ID in Spanish for KBJD Denver, and I thought they said ``Radio Senda`` i.e. path, but primary name has been Radio Luz; maybe Senda is a sub-slogan or a program name, altho not as such on their schedule.

I`m really checking here for the mysterious Gulf of Mexico beacon SAC, which I only heard once, but not lately, nor have seen any other reports of it. Is anyone still hearing it? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search November 19, UT:
At 1255:  774-NW, 693-NW, 747-NW?
At 1256:  792-WSW
At 1258: 1098-W
At 1259: 1566-NW
I go back to 774 in time for the 1300 NHK timesignal but no copy
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search Nov 20, UT:
At 1258, 702-WSW, 738-SW, 774-WSW
At 1259, 792-WSW (and 738 is soon gone, but vs huge 740 KRMG Tulsa)
Our Enid sunrise today: 1314 UT, currently latening by one minute per diem (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Nov 21, UT:
At 1254,  774-NW, 747-NW, 694-NW
At 1256,  594-NW, 567-NW
At 1258, 1098-W
At 1259, 1566-NW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search November 23, UT:
At 1317,  594-NW
At 1318,  774-NW
At 1319, 1566-NW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)