[IRCA] Update on Noise Level and other things

I remembered I had the two chokes that I built years ago at the suggestion of John Bryant. I re-installed one at the antenna input and my noise dropped by 80% on the R8. The Eastern Beverage is now working pretty well. At Noon today, I am getting KBOI & KSL fairly well. There is still some noise, but nothing like there was. Of course the Beverage does null the noise running East. Interesting, off the back end (West) JOUB 774 was armchair copy last night. XERF 1570 was also good. Now to get the SW EWE back up and see what I can do with that. But it was pretty much destroyed, but at least have the line from the ground to the branch, so I do not need to climb the tree again.

  As many of you know, I have been an avid QSLer now for over 50 years. The change in the QSLing over the past decade has not been to my liking, but I see more prepared cards are forthcoming in the QSL World, so maybe even though I am not a fan of them, I may have to embrace them more, as I do miss QSLing. I have not given up the hobby, as some have asked! I never will, but I have been heavily into in FM DXing, not being able to do much on MW.

   I do plan to attend the Reno convention, even though in August. I will take the weekend off to fly down if I can. The club is very important to me as I have been a member since 1968. We have a great group of friends and unfortunately, we are all aging. I'll be 68 in March, but I want to be able to visit with friends, while we are able to.

Patrick

Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager