[IRCA] 738-Magic Tracked Down and ID'ed... 4 Months Later

Thanks very much to Rockwork 4 DXpedition partner Tom Rothlisberger for checking his 738 kHz files for July 9th, and confirming that we both had received 738-Magic (5 kW in Canterbury, New Zealand) without ever knowing it.

My reception was on a "backup" 15" FSL that was et up primarily to record a huge signal from 738-Tahiti at the time. That 18-minute MP3 recording wasn't even reviewed until this morning, when the mystery co-channel showed up underneath Tahiti late in the recording. Tom reviewed his own files for the time and not only found the mystery co-channel, but a "Magic" ID as well. So primarily as a result of the clunker conditions this morning, we both have a new (and pretty unusual) Kiwi station in our July DXpedition logs.

https://app.box.com/s/2wao0ha3xocddwv9mgwjzyfx81pyqj6g

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)