Re: [IRCA] 729 KHz DU mystery

Seeing that I'm being blamed for something <g>, it's my understanding from what has been monitored/discussed before, that Radio National's programming is just that: national. But it is time-shifted across three (and in summer/daylight more) time zones in the same way as the CBC does with non-local segments on Radio One. That must bug people in the Centre of the Universe, Toronto, not to hear 'live' programming that went out an hour earlier to Atlantic Time tx's!

ABC Local Radio is, well, just that. The only network on AM/MW that is apparently same time/all places is ABC NewsRadio... the stns with the xPB calls. Last time I looked, that was stated on its website. Must be confusing for the news junkies in Purth to have the brekkie show start at 4 am... but hey, Radio-Canada does the same with <Ici Musique> in Colombie-brittanique... or did the last time I checked.

TD