From: 'Allan Dunn, K1UCY' always_faithful@xxxxxxxxxxx [CapeDX] <CapeDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: CapeDX <CapeDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 8:23 pm
Subject: Re: [CapeDX] SDRplay

On 9/29/2016 7:53 PM, Bruce Conti      contiba@xxxxxxxxx [CapeDX] wrote:

Guess I've been out of the loop                on this one.  What's SDR#?

    It was a popular SDR software package.  With the EXTIO capability it    could run various radios including dongles, .Winradio's and I    believe Perseus.  Suddenly the author removed EXTIO capability in    his updates catching users by surprise.  Some think the author    wanted to boost his SDRSPY receiver and lock out the competing    SDRPlay, but the author says people were stealing his code.     Obviously I don't know how much either one influenced his decision.

    SDRuno allows multiple virtual receivers that can run simultaneously    so long as they are within the 10MHz bandwidth.  Allows you to    compare your TA  mw catches with parallels on 49 and 31 meters.

  I also read that the SDRplay                ADC is only 12 bits vs. 16 bits typical in higher end                SDR receivers.  I wonder how SDR performance differs                between 12 and 16 bits?  Maybe lower dynamic range with                only 12 bits?

    i honestly don't know.  I paid $800 for Winradio receivers a few    years back (some now cost double that) and $149 for the SDRplay.

    Allan

__._,_.___

        Posted by: "Allan Dunn, K1UCY" <always_faithful@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                           Reply to sender

                          Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

                            Messages in this topic                (5)

    VISIT YOUR GROUP

 â Privacy â Unsubscribe â Terms of Use

..

--- End Message ---