Re: [IRCA] AM BCB DX……11 NEW Station + NEW STATE # 47 Heard

On 2016-09-23, at 10:26 PM, d1028gary@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> Congratulations on your reception of 560-KMON for the new 47th state of Montana. That's a pretty impressive reception-- even if you needed to use your Elad FDM-S2 SDR to do it! (just kidding)

Hey Gary….I actually logged a few New Ones with the SONY T-615 back in August when my Local CKSL-1410 Khz signed off the Air for good. That opened up 1400 to 1420 Khz for the first time ever for me!! I wish I could have heard KMON on the ULR too, as it would have been a NEW STATE for the ULR Log!

> Actually the real masters of mixing Ultralight and SDR-DXing are the Japanese, who switch from one style to the other as if it was second nature. Both Hiroo Nakagawa and Satoshi Miyauchi (famous Japanese SDR-DXers) carried their hot-rodded PL-380's around like side arms, during our Rockwork 4 ocean cliff DXpedition in July. They could teach quite a few North Americans how to appreciate both styles of DXing.

Gary, I think I would get along fine with the Japanese Cliff Hangers as I am always trying out various radios, and jump around from AM to FM to Shortwave DXing on a whim. I'm still hoping for some more good Tropo on FM this Fall, but I am amazed at how good and how quickly the AM BCB has opened up this year!! I've had a few days this year that it was going wacky on both AM and FM, so I didn't know if I was coming or going…….

73….ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA