Re: [IRCA] IRCA Loop update

Well, the outer diameter of a conductor is really what gives it the capacity
to handle current, due to the "skin effect."   I wonder if the collective
outer diameter surface area of Craig's cooper pipe loop is sufficient to
overcome the collective outer diameter surface area of all of the wires in a
wire loop.  Mathematically I can see how it could be the case.  Maybe the RF
capture success is directly related to the surface area of the antenna.

The ability to conduct current, and the ability to snag microvolts from the
ether, are undoubtedly related in some way.  To take maximum advantage of
surface area, maybe we could DX with a big brass sphere behind a curved,
rotatable "nulling" shield.

Get on that, Craig!

Brent Taylor, VE1JH
Doaktown, NB  FN66