Re: [IRCA] SE FL IBOC Status

--- David Gleason <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Our tests are consistent with those of Tom Ray in
> NYC and others... in high
> noise environments, the HD signal will be usable to
> or beyond the listenable
> contour of the analog signal. I'd love to know what
> you find on your end,
> whether it is a receiver issue or one at the
> transmission side. Are there
> other HD stations in the market, ones that you can
> compare with?

> David.

Tom Ray had / has a graphic showing where the digital
fails as you head down toward NJ and PA. At that point
the analog is still there for some many miles.

And no one has tested IBOC in a Tornadic Supercell
that's a prolific lightning generator, something
that's too often a happening in the area known as
tornado alley. I expect so many drop outs as to be a
danger.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!