Re: [IRCA] TA and TP DX Techniques

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the information.  This is all very interesting. The variation in the domestics vs the splits is too.

You mentioned the European modulation and, combined with what Chris said after your post got me thinking as he did... -as I should, hi.  Power and modulation are both important when receiving a signal, plus all the other contributing factors of course.  I kind of temporarily forgot this factor when hearing TP hets. These days, I can't remember what percentages are typical for the different regions, ie. the US, TP's, TA's. Maybe 100% for the US and 90% for TA's???   I would think that most high-power stations would run a lower modulation. I know the quality deteriorates when the modulation is somewhat above 100%, so a question would be if some stations still operate this way? Perhaps lower power stations in a more-undeveloped region.
73- Doug