Re: [IRCA] TA and TP DX Techniques

from Mike Stonebridge:

>>Another thing to remember is Europeans do not modulate their carriers to the same extent as domestic stations.

This has always been a little frustrating. I always wondered why an S-9 signal was not very audible. Now that I am using an IC-756ProII with the spectrum scope, I find it an advantage in a way, as I can 'see' the TAs even before I hear them as I swing through the dial. I set the receiver to jump in 9 kh increments and then run through the band. If I see a good size hump then I might linger and try to coax out some audio.

Chris Black
Cape Cod