[IRCA] 1089 with British accent

14/10/05
0045 EDT

There must be some great DX conditions tonight. Naturally, this would happen, since I sent my Drake off to be repaired.

Monitoring 1090kc, I have a very strong het just to the side of 1090. At 0035 I had some audio, man with a British accent
and it sounded like he was talking about some type of sport thing. But, British accent I am sure of. This is the first time I have had audio on this frequency.

Now for the big catch to this reception. The radio I am using is a Sony TH-3800 stereo receiver that I bought in 1976. The dial cord is still broken (has been for years) and I have to manually turn the tuning cap. The antenna is my outside 149' longwire. The radio has no band spread or selectivity its just a stereo receiver, but all I have till my Drake comes back from Ohio.

Willis, WB5KHD
Old Fort, TN