Re: [IRCA] NHL - St. Louis Blues Network

Re: [IRCA] NHL - St. Louis Blues Network

<<Man, was Dan Kelly awesome or what? I doubt there ever will be another
hockey announcer that could ever come remotely close to his call on a game.
I don't know if he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame or not, but he should be.

That guy was incredibly good calling hockey.>>

Yes, Dan Kelly is indeed in the Hall of Fame, and is regarded as one of the best hockey broadcasters of all time.

The first time I ever heard him was on the old CBS Game of the Week in 1968. His work during the Stanley Cup Finals that year was just great, and made a lasting impression on a 9-year-old kid in Clifton NJ who wanted to be a sportscaster.

Bob (Anthony) Antoniuk
WGHT Pompton Lakes NJ
www.ghtradio.com