[IRCA] TP from NE Oregon

I heard some decent TP from Japan this Thursday morning too. But just a hint compared to what those lucky folks (Pat!) living by the ocean hear!

774 JJ, medium level, 1341 utc, with English lesson in progress.
1566 NKOR, poor level, 1343, weak audio.
Many other hets, no audio.

LF beacon reception was quite good from northern Pacific, with a number of JJ beacons heard. 530 ADK, Adak Alaska was at strong level as well, easily heard in SSB mode. I'm blessed in this rural area with nothing strong on 530. I've always noticed that the LF beacons are heard first, then eventually fade out, before the TP BCB reception peaks. I don't know why that is, but have noticed it for years. Beacons from the Japan area were heard from about 1230 to 1330 utc, then died out completely. The TP BCB was heard peaking after that, and was mostly gone by 1400 utc.

Steve Ratzlaff
Elgin, OR (NE Oregon)
R75, longwires