[IRCA] TAs TPs DUs ... Living in Kentucky

[IRCA] TAs TPs DUs ... Living in Kentucky

I envy Patrick Martin, I envy you living on the west coast hearing all those absolutely fantastic TPs, not to mention that the Oregon coast is one of the most scenic places in this country (having been there quite a few times).   Then there's Mark Connelly on the east coast who has taken TA listening to a new level.

Here in Kentucky and even farther west, TAs can be heard when condx are right.  I used to hear them.  I just haven't heard one lately.  One time, many years ago, I heard KORL in Hawaii and that is it for TPs for me.  The fact that stations don't sign off anymore shouldn't be a problem since TAs are on splits.

My problem?  I just need to stop typing and listen to my R8B at times when it is possible to receive DX - lol.  I've got the theory down when it comes to DXing.  I keep thinking of the following saying when it comes to TAs and TPs, "Location, location, location."

There was a dx'er I knew back in the 1960's named Jerry Conrad.  He lived in Florida, Kentucky and who knows where else.  Visited me in Louisville once.  He had heard one or more Australians from Florida way back when...mid 1960's I'd guess.  I've always remembered that and wonder if such a feat is possible nowadays?