Re: [IRCA] TAs TPs DUs ... Living in Florida...

Re: [IRCA] TAs TPs DUs ... Living in Florida...

At 09:50 29/09/2005, you wrote:

There was a dx'er I knew back in the 1960's named Jerry Conrad.  He lived in Florida, Kentucky and who knows where else.  Visited me in Louisville once.  He had heard one or more Australians from Florida way back when...mid 1960's I'd guess.  I've always remembered that and wonder if such a feat is possible nowadays?

Ray Moore in Fort Myers still hears regular evidence of Australia(carriers) and occasional audio, especially on the extended band, using a 23" tuned loop of his own design.  And when he hears them, we're not hearing them in the west usually...

Nick