Re: [IRCA] Miscou Island Prelim DX Report - Long - question

Re: [IRCA] Miscou Island Prelim DX Report - Long - question

Pete,

I don't think the impediance is a big factor as long as it is in the
ballpark. The impediance will not stay the same anyway depending on what
frequency you are on. I have never tried a commercial unit. But the best
match would be in the 50:500 ohms or 50:1000 ohms, but again what you
are looking for is the isolation. I have experimented with different
wraps on both the primary & secondary and it may vary a 1/2 an S unit,
but you can't hear that anyway. Try different ones and check your S
Meter readings during the day.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin