Re: [IRCA] Miscou Island Prelim DX Report - Long

Re: [IRCA] Miscou Island Prelim DX Report - Long

Thanks Neil. No knit-picking here. I just had to mention that we are
talking about SW, rather than SE.
   By the way, I drove from the ocean to my house yesterday and I have
been saying I am about a mile, well closer to 7 or 8 tenths of a mile in
reality. But the only thing in my way are a few sand dunes. I have
wondered if I had the same set up on the beach, would it make much
difference.? I kind of have my doubts, if a big difference being so
close anyway. I know when to start getting a few miles inland the signal
drops off a lot.
    As far as being 2 DB down on the Philippines, I have no idea there.
My guess is at 240 degrees by holding a compuss under the EWE and
looking at it. But just because the EWE is at 240 degrees, it may have a
slight different lobe in reality, maybe closer to 270. Because I seem to
have an enhancement into the the Philippines, more that what is heard at
Grayland. Infact I heard a new filipino this morning.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR