[IRCA] Re: TESTS IN TACOMA

> 1130 WISN: CW heard very weakly at 0106ET. Will run it through the
equalizer
> in the morning to see if I can make anything out. CW not heard at
0100, as
> some did, and not between 0157-0200. CKWX was at its usual
meter-pegging
> strength, but fortunately, their production department hadn't gone
berserk
> producing the ads run in this time period... CKWX and KRDU are the
only
> other 1130 loggings from here. Those cigar-shaped, north-aiming MN, WI
and
> MI night patterns are just not very accommodating to Western DXers.

> Pete Taylor
> Tacoma
> ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop

A taste of the old days, when tests were heard literally
coast to coast, as I heard the same CW ID from WISN
at fair strength at 0106 EST, then extremely weak at 0131
and faint but clear at 0200. The main problems for
me on 1130 were WBBR and KWKH taking turns going
up and down. So this makes WA and FL,  it being heard on
both coasts, simultaneously. WISN did well in the NE.

WOKY 920 not heard but I didn't try that hard as there
was some local problems on that freq. It did not seem
"promising"

WTTB 1490 hrd with CW ID and sweep tones, with a
bit of difficulty, not terribly strong and no voice heard.
I've seen only 2 FL reports, the other being Curt in
Palm Beach area.

I did not even try for KEVA, but see that they made it to
MD and apparently AL and TN!! I'm wondering now
if I missed anything here..

A very nice morning and thanks to all!

- Bob, Tampa FL, using a DX398 and RS MW loop