[IRCA] TESTS IN TACOMA

1130 WISN: CW heard very weakly at 0106ET. Will run it through the equalizer
in the morning to see if I can make anything out. CW not heard at 0100, as
some did, and not between 0157-0200. CKWX was at its usual meter-pegging
strength, but fortunately, their production department hadn't gone berserk
producing the ads run in this time period... CKWX and KRDU are the only
other 1130 loggings from here. Those cigar-shaped, north-aiming MN, WI and
MI night patterns are just not very accommodating to Western DXers.

1240 KEVA: CW quite good out of the jumble at 0205, and at a speed I could
read! No voice noted, but again, I will put it through the equalizer. I
didn't get a peep out of it during their last test.

These are both new and are very welcome additions. WKSH is the only other WI
station logged here.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop