[IRCA] Re: 1560 ??

Patrick Martin wrote:

> Don,
>
> Maybe your unid SSer on 1560 was XEJPV Cd. Juarez, as they were common
> in Rancho Mirage in 2000 when I was there. Also XEFAJ Mexico DF runs 10
> KW at night on there. They used to be common in the 70s I know on MMs.
> This far North, I generally get KKAA or WQEW.
>
> 73s,
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick Martin
> Seaside  OR
> KAVT Reception Manager

Pat:

It was certainly a surprise to hear anything on 1560 much less have the signal bother KNZR as much as it did.  Rich Lewis in Phoenix says KNZR has probably been running lower power the past few
weeks as the signal is much lower in Phoenix.  I'm guessing that the Mexican I heard is the one from Mexico City with 10 kw.  The music was not North Mexican but steady with no announcements
(that I heard).  I was bothered by a bad buzz in all directions except NE/SW and it still was coming in well at times.  I was too tired to wait until 1 a.m. for a possible ID.  Maybe they will
be back tonight.  Conditions were quite good last night with all directions coming in pretty well.  I've been using a Radio Shack Loop while I shop for a new transformer for my Kiwa, so
surprised I heard this station so well.

73  don