[IRCA] Re: 1640 Tones

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the information.  I strongly suspect it was KBJA.  I think some of the stations in that area are jointly owned, Radio/TV and perhaps the CE or whoever had only one recording available or picked up the wrong one. (channel 3??, hi.)  Spanish was gone during the duration and when the testing was over, it resumed. I heard the tones stop, but again, it happened during a fade. The tones lasted abt 80 minutes. I'm pretty sure the guy said Univision now and after the SS words a very short SS music clip. Maybe they lost they're feed and this was automated???  I spent too much time on it this morning, but all was not wasted as I caught 1650 KBIV, El Paso, while I was in the vicinity.

I have to admit not using  HCDX much and will have to look into it and you're mystery stn.  Don, I just saw your posting and and that was one of my recent thoughts, but I'll give you the credit.  I don't recall hearing this sort of thing before (after all these years), but it doe's make sense. Thanks to both of you.
73- Doug