Re: [IRCA] TIS stations

I found the TIS station. As you drive North and just when you reach the
North side of the Warrenton/Astoria bridge, if you look to the right on
the bay, there is a new telephone pole installed with a whip and two
boxes on the pole. A great location, with the ground right in Youngs Bay
next to the mouth of the Columbia River. 1650 can be heard well in
Seaside at 15 miles South without any problems.
   I drove out to the Hammond Boat Basin to look for 1610. I did not
exactly find the antenna as far as I could tell. However it is at the
Boat Basin, but has a very poor signal over land. 1/2 mile from the
Basin, it fades on the van radio. Here, 6 miles South it is weak days
and non existant at night. If you are near the water, the Columbia River
or Youngs Bay, it is quite decent, but over land it loses signal
quickly. 1650 gets over land or water well.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

--- Begin Message ---
Pat -

FCC says Astoria-1650 is located on US101 @ US30, coordinates are N 46.11.15.2, W 123.51.13.3.

Bob Pietsch
Foster City

Patrick Martin wrote:

After 1650 Astoria signed on last week, another on 1610 signed back on
from the Hammond Boat Basin (Hammond OR), but this time the signal is
very poor at 5 or 6 miles away. Maybe S5 or S6 days, non existant at
night. Much weaker than they used to be. I wonder if they moved? I'll
have to check the locations on both 1650 & 1610. I think 1650 is near
the Astoria-Warrenton bridge (Astoria) as I drove past there tonight and
it was strong and even on 1660.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR