[IRCA] 1700 Mystery solved - XEPE-560 has been testing on 1700

[IRCA] 1700 Mystery solved - XEPE-560 has been testing on 1700

The wandering knuckleheads are moving again, this time to 1700, where they should have gone in the first place (there has been a standard X-band allocation on 1700 kHz in Tecate for about 5 years). The 560 allocation dates back to the 70s, and if I recall correctly, was just for a 250w or 500w daytimer!

I listened to them before 8pm PDT/11pm EDT tonight, and it was the same format, same voice-over announcer, just changed the slogan to "Romantica... Amor 1700 AM".

I'm just waiting for the ID to make it official.  This is clearly them.

Oddly, at 8:23pm PDT / 11:23pm EDT, the 1700 station was off, and there was a relatively weak OC on 560 and 780.

These clowns have been on 4 channels in less than a year... 1600 to 550 to 560 to 1700. I think they beat the record of XEYQ, which if I recall correctly, moved from 1510 to 1500 to 890 to 640, but not that quickly!

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA

http://www.inetworld.net/halls/dx/index.html

All dates/times mentioned in my reports are Eastern Local Time for US/Canadian stations and GMT for all others.