Date: 06/14/04 08:34:25 PM
Subject: [ ABDX ] 1700 Mystery solved - XEPE-560 has been testing on 1700

The wandering knuckleheads are moving again, this time to 1700, where they
should have gone in the first place (there has been a standard X-band
allocation on 1700 kHz in Tecate for about 5 years).  The 560 allocation
dates back to the 70s, and if I recall correctly, was just for a 250w or
500w daytimer!

I listened to them before 8pm PDT/11pm EDT tonight, and it was the same
format, same voice-over announcer, just changed the slogan to "Romantica...
Amor 1700 AM".

I'm just waiting for the ID to make it official.  This is clearly them.